There appears to be some interest on the part of the Australians in American False Claims Act jurisprudence, according to Thomas Faunce at Australian National University.
I have blogged in the past about my testimony and efforts to assist state legislators across the country with false claims act legislation, as well as what those states might expect from a state false claims act. Hopefully the same rationale would apply to the Aussies.
Furthermore, there can be no doubt that false claims legislation is business-friendly.
More to follow, stay tuned …
By Zachary Kitts on June 15, 2011 in False Claims Act Practice in Virginia, Potential Uses of the Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act, Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act
- TEN YEARS AND GOING STRONG HERE AT VAQUITAMLAW.COM!
- Commentary on the Top Virginia Verdicts for 2017 (as published by Virginia Lawyers Weekly)
- How to Be a Successful Qui Tam Whistleblower
- It must be getting too dangerous to traffick drugs…
- Update on the State Legislative Front — Maryland Delegate Sam Arora Introduces the Maryland False Claims Act of 2013
- Overview of state methods for using the money recovered from state false claims act prosecutions
- K&G Law Group takes Second Place in the Annual Virginia Lawyers Weekly feature “Top Settlements for 2012”
- The National Conference of State Legislatures Identifies the Top Ten Issues Facing State Governments in 2013…
- Updates from Annapolis — House of Delegates Committee Hears Testimony on the Maryland False Claims Act of 2013