There appears to be some interest on the part of the Australians in American False Claims Act jurisprudence, according to Thomas Faunce at Australian National University.
I have blogged in the past about my testimony and efforts to assist state legislators across the country with false claims act legislation, as well as what those states might expect from a state false claims act. Hopefully the same rationale would apply to the Aussies.
Furthermore, there can be no doubt that false claims legislation is business-friendly.
More to follow, stay tuned …
By Zachary Kitts on June 15, 2011 in False Claims Act Practice in Virginia, Potential Uses of the Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act, Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act
- Virginia Supreme Court Issues Important Attorney’s Fee Opinion
- UPDATE: THE 2017 VIRGINIA ATTORNEY GENERAL RACE WILL BE REPUBLICAN JOHN ADAMS AGAINST DEMOCRAT MARK HERRING
- Virginia False Claims in Business Development Incentive Programs
- An interesting and unusual conclusion to a qui tam case…
- Just remember you didn’t hear it first from me: BNY Mellon, Virginia make deal on currency trades claim
- BREAKING NEWS FROM THE RACE FOR VIRGINIA ATTORNEY GENERAL: JOHN FREY WITHDRAWS FROM THE RACE